If you are interested in one of our current opportunities, please submit your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
Organovo Inc. is an early-stage biotechnology company that is developing and utilizing highly customized 3D human tissues as dynamic models of healthy and diseased human biology for drug development.
We use proprietary technology to build functional 3D human tissues that mimic key aspects of native human tissue composition, architecture, function, and disease. Our advances include cell type-specific compartments, prevalent intercellular tight junctions, and the formation of microvascular structures. We believe these attributes can enable critical complex, multicellular disease models that we will use to develop clinically effective drugs for selected therapeutic areas.
Organovo is focused on the utilization of high fidelity, human 3D cell models for target identification, validation, and drug discovery across a range of therapeutic areas. We are seeking a skilled Research Associate to assist with tissue culture of primary cells. The successful candidate will play a key role in the ongoing development of Organovo’s scientific technology platform.
- Assist in cell culture maintenance, expansion and seeding for high throughput screens
- Handle multiple cell lines using aseptic techniques and perform characterization (cell counts and viability)
- Conduct critical biomarker assays (ELISA, qPCR)
- Prepare and solubilize compounds for testing
- Work independently and efficiently
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately
- Communicate data results effectively at team meetings
- BA/BS in biological sciences
- 1+ years hands-on experience handling mammalian cell lines using aseptic techniques and ability to perform cell culture maintenance and characterization
- Experience with primary cells, co-culture systems and/or 3D cell culture models preferred
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of gene and protein expression techniques desired (ELISA/Luminex, qRT-PCR, NGS, IHC)
- Experience with high-throughput screening assays and automation is a plus
- Ability to execute experiments and perform data analysis (excel, prism etc.) independently and efficiently
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions with keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication (oral and written), critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team to achieve technical and corporate milestones
If you are interested in one of our current opportunities, please apply here.
Please be aware that scams targeting job seekers are increasing. Information on how to identify and report employment scams is available from a variety of sources, including Federal Trade Commission on Job Scams and Better Business Bureau on Employment Scams.
Organovo, Inc., does not use free email services such as Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo, to communicate with prospective job applicants. If you have a question as to whether a job posting comes from Organovo, Inc., please email us at email@example.com.