Cell Processing · Remote
Manage customer & partner relations to ensure repeat business and establishment of revenue-generating partnerships. Collect, analyze, and assimilate market feedback to inform product prioritization and technical application development. Work closely with management to develop business strategy and drive sales.
- Work independently to generate sales leads, communicate with customers, and move opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Ability to work with autonomy, while being part of a cross-functional sales & support group.
- Searches for new opportunities and uses product portfolio to build a foundation for long term growth
- Partner with Organovo team to provide training to customers as needed for successful use of products.
- Solicit and collect market feedback to guide the improvement of products and the development of additional applications for products.
- Develop and execute on commercial strategies that expand customer base and grow top line revenue.
- Partner with Director Cell Processing and Commercial Development to ensure that sales and marketing literature and website stay current with inventory and new characterization / application data.
- Develop sales/marketing literature in partnership with Organovo team and manage ad campaigns, trade shows, and related logistics.
- Drive existing funnel of opportunities to accelerate closure rates
- Applies intelligence-based prospecting to identify new potential opportunities
- Develop a robust opportunity pipeline by identifying and cultivating target accounts
- Establishing good relationships and network with customers, partners as well as internal peers
- This role is a trusted technical advisor for clients involved in cell and gene therapy product development and manufacturing.- Develop tactical execution plans based on the go-to-market strategy for the product line-
- Must have at least 3-5 years of technical sales experience in the cell biology space; preferably with specific experience selling cell-based products into the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
- Working knowledge of primary human cell biology required, which may include one or more of isolating, conducting cell-based assays with, or characterizing primary human cells.
- Knowledge of relevant markets (academia, biotech, pharma) with a concrete understanding of workflow(s) that involve cells/cell-based assays.
- Must be able to provide basic technical instruction and training to customers, conduct seminars and webinars.
- Technical writing is required; must be able to contribute to preparation, review, editing, and assimilation of sales and marketing materials to facilitate commercial efforts.
- Must have strong track record in customer relations; will be expected to address customer inquiries concerning product specifications and performance.
- Specific experience and track record independently navigating to buyers in biotech and pharma.
- Monitor customer base and competitive landscape and provide regular guidance and feedback to the business related to product performance, market challenges, and new opportunities.
- Attend and participate in operational / business reviews.
- Attend specific scientific conferences as vendor/exhibitor.
- Responsible for generating forecasts and delivering on a quarterly quota.
- Strong working knowledge of cells and cell-based applications is required.
- Must be knowledgeable and fully competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), MS Teams, Zoom; experience with GraphPad Prism, Adobe, or JMP considered a plus.
- Outstanding listening skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the business, and a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Planning: Must be adept at managing travel logistics, scheduling, and running meetings, and following up.
- Detail-oriented; reliably captures minutes, action-items, and flags issues and opportunities.
- Independence: must be a self-starter, solution-finder, builder, who enjoys being part of a dynamic and collegial team of passionate and driven people
- B.S. or B.A., M.S., or Ph.D. in cell biology or related field with 5+(B.S. or B.A.) or 3+(M.S. or Ph.D.) bench-level practical experience with primary cells or cell-based assays, preferably in an industrial environment.
- Travel is required (est. 30%)
- Must be comfortable in start-up environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Expected to have leadership qualities and to serve as a steward of company resources and culture.
What we offer:
Our team members are highly skilled, inclusive, and enthusiastic scientists and research associates. To attract the best and brightest, we offer a competitive employee benefits program. We are pleased to offer the following benefits to regular full-time employees:
- This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home
- Competitive salary – The salary range for this role is $120,000- $135,000
- Annual bonus plan
- Group medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
401(k) retirement plan with a company match
The above job description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
If you are interested in one of our current opportunities, please submit your resume/CV here.