Organovo is focused on the utilization of high fidelity, human 3D cell models for target identification, validation and drug discovery across a range of therapeutic areas. We are seeking a skilled scientist that will help expand our pipeline by delivering on target identification and validation, and advancing our preclinical programs into the clinic, with a primary focus on IBD. This role requires practical, hands-on work as well as providing scientific and strategic guidance.
- Utilize and further develop human primary cell 3D tissue platforms for drug discovery
- Utilize a battery of assay technologies (e.g., qPCR, ELISA, functional assays, histology) to evaluate effects of modulators on disease phenotype in tissue constructs with a focus on hypothesis-driven, genetic, biomarker and metabolomics-based methodology
- Identify and implement new assay technologies that impact assay value, throughput and/or performance
- Primary cell culture and maintenance of 3D tissues
- Refine strategies that link our 3D models closely to the clinical disease phenotype
- Summarize data and report results to supervisor, internal and external groups
- Adhere closely to defined timelines to meet internal goals, often dealing with multiple projects in parallel
- Provide training and supervision to junior staff, as needed
- Ph.D. with approximately 1-3 years or Masters degree with 5+ years robust experience in the field, preferably within a biotech/pharma industry setting
- Extensive experience in culture of primary human cells (preferably Intestine, Liver)
- Candidate should display excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to persuasively convey both ideas and findings
- Candidate should have strong organizational and documentation skills with keen attention to detail
- Expected to participate actively as part of a dynamic, driven team
- Candidate may be responsible for managing research associates and must be able to function independently, think critically and creatively, and be technically innovative to design and build new in vitro models
- Although not essential, candidate with experience in intestine or liver primary cell culture, biomaterial fabrication and characterization, and relevant industry or biotechnology experience in tissue engineering, stem cell biology, iPSC generation and 3D tissue modeling are preferred.
What we offer:
Our team members are highly skilled, inclusive, and enthusiastic scientists and research associates. To attract the best and brightest, we offer a competitive employee benefits program. We are pleased to offer the following benefits to regular full-time employees:
- This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home
- Competitive salary – The salary range for this role is $90,000-$120,000.
- Annual bonus plan
- Group medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
401(k) retirement plan with a company match
The above job description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
If you are interested in one of our current opportunities, please submit your resume/CV here.