Organovo Inc. is an early-stage biotechnology company that is developing and utilizing highly customized 3D human tissues as dynamic models of healthy and diseased human biology for drug development. We use proprietary technology to build functional 3D human tissues that mimic key aspects of native human tissue composition, architecture, function, and disease. Our advances include cell type-specific compartments, prevalent intercellular tight junctions, and the formation of microvascular structures. We believe these attributes can enable critical complex, multicellular disease models that we will use to develop clinically effective drugs for selected therapeutic areas.
Organovo is focused on the utilization of high fidelity, human 3D cell models for target identification, validation, and drug discovery across a range of therapeutic areas. We are seeking a skilled Research Associate/Associate Scientist with a background in primary cell isolation, cell culture and characterization. The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of Organovo’s cell isolation platform.
- Execute and troubleshoot experiments independently and efficiently, complete necessary documentation and characterization.
- Responsible for the cryopreservation of cells
- Teach new team members the required techniques, assays and skills needed.
- Maintain detailed and accurate notebook documentation for all research activities
- Perform and assist high-throughput experiments
- Maintain working knowledge of current cell culture literature
- Assist in all areas of cell culture and all related duties as required
- Responsible for routine instrument maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA/BS or MS in biological sciences with approximately 3+ years training in cell culture
- Proficient in isolation of primary cells from human or animal tissue, aseptic technique, cell characterization, and cryopreservation of cells.
- Proficient in cell banking and inventory management a plus
- Experience with cell-based assays and immunomagnetic selection of cells is a plus
- Experience with microscopy a plus
- Able to be on-call for tissue processing 24/7
- Able and willing to learn new techniques, multitask, keep accurate records, follow instructions with keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication (oral and written), critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team to achieve technical and corporate milestones
What we offer:
Our team members are highly skilled, inclusive, and enthusiastic scientists and research associates. To attract the best and brightest, we offer a competitive employee benefits program. We are pleased to offer the following benefits to regular full-time employees:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus plan
- Group medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match
The above job description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
If you are interested in one of our current opportunities, please apply here.
Please be aware that scams targeting job seekers are increasing. Information on how to identify and report employment scams is available from a variety of sources, including Federal Trade Commission on Job Scams and Better Business Bureau on Employment Scams.
Organovo, Inc., does not use free email services such as Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo, to communicate with prospective job applicants. If you have a question as to whether a job posting comes from Organovo, Inc., please email us at email@example.com.